As you know I’m nokia n91 user. This is the best phone which I’ve ever had. (n-gage,n-gage QD, 6600,w810i, 9300i communicator etc…). Everything was Ok, yesterday I was downloading podcast by wi-fi, (305mb skate video)… In this time I was instaling new programs.. I was so stupid and I was installing programs which i don’t know what they are for.. Installing more and more.. and phone got slowly.. And, It was about 19:00 when the podcast got downloaded. So when I want to connect n91 in USB STORAGE mode it says that HDD is used by some application. Also it don’t want to format HDD for the same reason. I was looking for internet a lot of time to get some tips for it.. I found some post where was wrote “I return my nokia n91 to the servis..” That’s break my down… but I could belive, becouse it looks like software problem, so I clicked a symbian s60 format code (*#7370#), and i stared to format my phone, but it doesn’t work as a result. “that HDD is used by some application” all the time… But I solved this problem.
As you know, or don’t know when remove the back cover the HDD is not working.. So what you must to do in points:
1. Removed back cover
2. Restart phone
3. After restarting put back cover
4. And very fast connect to the usb cable ( very fast because any other app. can’t start working on HDD)
5. Than backup your files
6. Format from Windows/Mac/Linux in FAT32 (WARNING!! DON’T FORMAT YOUR PHONE TO NTFS!! IT WOULDN’T WORK AGAIN!)
7. Now your phone must be working, do a format from a phone (Disk Manager), for sure that’s everything is OK.)
8. Now you can enjoy your nokia n91, and remember to install only useful software.
I decided to install only the best software, so I will write what I have installed on my phone!
And remember to install nokia soft updater and update your soft, it will be more compatible for sure!
I wish I helped you, If you have any problems, please write in comments😉
In the next update! Nokia headphones pilot HS-28 ! Amazing thing !